Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LBS meets Stanford

















A fantastic evening in deed it was when MBA's from Lagos Business School met their counterparts from Stanford at Radisson Blu, Victoria Island, Lagos.

It was not an evening of toooo much eating as I would have expected, but meeting these Stanford guys was well worth it. The three remarkable personalities I remember meeting are Andrew, Rachael and Mary Ellen.

Rachael because I spoke the longest with her and she was so much fun. She practically got so much information about Nigeria out of me that I became exhausted. We talked about governance, electricity, lecture patterns, college and so on. She has a passion for media and intends to know more about nollywood but unfortunately, I ain't the best in such areas. Of course, we talked about American politics.... she is a Democrat. We talked on how the Republican contenders are wearing themselves and their party out and creating more room for Obama to snatch a big win.

Mary Ellen who happens to be the team leader and the brain behind the trip to Nigeria is so much fun to interact with, she's got so much energy and believe me, there is never a dull moment with her. She believes greatly in "flexibility" and this is the word she used to describe internet down time, power outage and lack of air conditioning. In some parts of Nigeria, these are described as luxuries one can survive without...

Andrew, from the moment I saw him, I smelt Finance! as in this kind of Venture capitalist guys with sharp suits and fast cars...lol. He did not disappoint me at all. This is a guy that has a private equity company that has built two schools in Ghana and provides quality education at less than half the price....now, that's major.

Generally, it was fun hanging out with guys from Stanford, I hope we can pay them a visit too.....this time, I'm thinking "an online visit will do" ...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment